Italy, a European country with a long Mediterranean coastline, has left a powerful mark on Western culture and cuisine. Its capital, Rome, is home to the Vatican as well as landmark art and ancient ruins. Other major cities include Florence, with Renaissance masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s "David" and Brunelleschi's Duomo; Venice, the city of canals; and Milan, Italy’s fashion capital.
Singapore Changi Airport
Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.
7 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 11Dinners, 2Meals on Board
Travel Insurance Individual
Optional Tour : Sistine Chapel- EUR 49 ; Florence - EUR 55 ; Gondola ride in Venice - EUR 30 ; Cinque Terre- EUR 99 ;Full day Factory outlet and Chianti vineyard visit - EUR70; UAE Dubai Desert Safari - RM280
Start the day with a visit to
• the Vatican City – a walled enclave within Rome and feast your eyes upon St. Peter’s Basilica, a Catholic shrine renowned for its Renaissance architecture.
• See The Pieta, a magnificent masterpiece done by Renaissance sculptor Michaelangelo, as well as other Italian works of art housed within the Basilica.
• Later, be awed by the magnificent sight of the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre ever built that has a capacity of up to 80,000.
• View the Roman Forum, known as the heart of ancient Rome, with its clutter of archaic buildings and shrines – including the ancient former royal residence.
• Then marvel at the masterpiece of Trevi Fountain, the city’s largest Baroque fountain, and the nearby Spanish Steps with its stretch of shopping street.
• Enjoy the rest of the afternoon free at leisure to do some shopping, or pay an optional visit to the Vatican Museums and the famous Sistine Chapel.
*Note: Due to the proclaiming of Holy Year by the Pope from the 8th Dec 2015 to 20th Nov 2016 and the opening of the Holy Door of St. Peter’s Basilica during this period, larger crowds and longer queues are expected.
Optional : Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum
Escape from the city and make your way to
• the picturesque Medieval Village in Chiantishire, a delightful stretch of countryside located in Siena that is popular among the wealthy British.
• Explore the winding streets in the Historic Centre of Siena, a well-preserved city that was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
• Stop by the Siena Cathedral, one of Italy’s top Gothic cathedrals decorated with intricate carvings and statues.
• Capture stunning photos at the Piazza del Campo; known for its architectural beauty as one of Europe’s greatest medieval squares, and
• visit Palazzo del Comune; a Renaissance structure otherwise known as the Town Hall.
Proceed to Bologna for the night.
Kick o the morning with a guided tour of the Milan, where the first stop of the day is
• Sforza Castle, a majestic fortress where noble lords of Milan used to reside.
• Drop by the grandiose Milan Cathedral for some shots of the elaborate Gothic exterior façade.
• Next, take a leisure stroll through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II for some brief shopping,
• which will then lead you to Piazza della Scala and lastly,
• stop by the lavish La Scala Opera House for some pictures.
• Thereafter, spend the rest of the afternoon free at leisure to explore the vibrant fashion metropolis on your own.
• You may wish to make an optional visit to the city of Lugano in southern Switzerland before you end your day.
Optional Lugano orientation tour
Rise and shine as we embark on the next chapter of our italy tour, Depart for Pisa where we will have a great view of
• the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Duomo and the Baptistery in the Square of Miracle.
• In the evening, have the opportunity to visit Florence by joining an optional that brings you to the Basilica of Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio, and Piazzale Michelangelo.
Optional: Florence City tour
Make your way to the heart of Venice via a private taxi, a unique and elective means of transport for a city built on water.
• Then set o on a guided tour around St. Mark’s Square and
• to the famous cathedral church St. Mark’s Basilica – nicknamed the ‘church of gold’ due to its opulent design and gold ground mosaics.
• Swing by the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs, two of Venice’s main landmarks, for some breath-taking pictures to bring back as mementos.
• Lastly, visit a glass blowing factory to learn more about the art of Murano glassmaking, an elite trade unique to Venice.
Optional : Gondola Ride
Enjoy the day free at leisure to do some shopping or sightseeing at your pleasure.
• You may wish to take an optional day excursion to Barberino Designer Outlet and the Chianti vineyards in central Tuscany.
• Spend some time in shopping heaven with over 100 brand stores selling everything from clothes and cosmetics to appliances and shoes, offering great buys of up to 70% discount from prominent brands like Prada, D&G, Furla, Lacoste, Polo Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein.
• Next, visit one of the renowned Chianti vineyards to learn more about Chianti winemaking, and sample a taste of one of the most famous and appreciated wines around the world.
Optional :Barberino Designer Outlet and Chianti vineyard tour